Mac really eased our anxiety and made it a fun experience. We got to see the reef and all kinds of fish. 10/10 we will be back when we return!
Advance Your Diving Skills
Make Specialty Dives
Practice Navigation & Buoyancy
Dive Even Deeper into the World of Scuba!
This PADI scuba diving certification is a course that includes five dives: a deep dive below 18m/60f, a navigation dive, and three specialty dives. Refine your skills, become more confident, and learn new techniques. This is a safe and fun way to gain more experience in open water diving and learning how to cope with different diving situations and environments.
Gain your advanced open water PADI certification
Make specialty dives and learn about different diving environments
Learn how to prepare for deeper dives
Focus on refining navigational and buoyancy skills
$475 per person (5 open water dives including Deep, Navigation + 3 additional Adventure Dives)
Rincón Diving & Snorkeling- 2207 Ave Pedro Albizu Campos Carr Rd 115 Km 12.0, Rincón, PR 00677, Puerto Rico, USA
2- 3 days to complete the required dives
No minimum or maximum
- Tanks and weights
- Expert safety briefings and instruction
- Drinking water – bring your refillable water bottle for free refills from our filtered rainwater collection
- PADI eLearning
- PADI training logbook (required) – available for purchase at check-in
- Wetsuit – available to rent or purchase
- Regulator, buoyancy control device, compass, surface marker buoy, and dive gauges (these are required for the tour) – rentals available
- Mask, snorkel, and fins
- Snacks for surface intervals between dives
- Transportation from dive center to entry point at the beach
What to bring
- Dive certification
- Reef-safe sunscreen
Good to know
- Age limit: minimum 10 years old
- You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Questionnaire at check-in. Please review in advance. If you have any of the health conditions listed on the medical statement you will not be able to participate without a doctor’s consent. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving!
- After equipment fitting, you will follow the guide in your own transportation to the entry point for the snorkeling tour (5 min +/- from the dive center). If you need transportation from the dive center and back, please give the dive center a call so advance arrangements can be made. Additional charges may apply.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into you and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
Complete your eLearning(opens in a new tab) at home in order to make the most of your time on vacation. Once in Rincón, Puerto Rico, choose your specialty dives. You don’t have to complete this all at once, Rincón Diving will give you guidance and help you decide.
Continue your open water education by learning how to dive safely to a depth of 100 feet and complete the 5 required deep-dive dives and navigation training.
Answers to Your Questions
Water temperature in Puerto Rico ranges from 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months (December-March) to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. Most divers get cold in the winter months and a wetsuit is recommended. At other times of the year, wetsuits are good for abrasion protection. Wetsuits are available for rental for an additional fee, check out our rental rates.
The temperate waters of Puerto Rico are home to many species of fish of all sizes. Some we see every day are parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, angelfish, squirrelfish. In fact, look at a fish ID guide for the Caribbean and we see those same characters every day. Ahhh… life in paradise.
The minimum age for scuba certification is 10 years.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
Previous Guest’s Experiences
The staff was knowledgeable and prepared, and the shop was well-equipped. Brenda’s the best and made our experience as great as it was. Couldn’t have had a better time.