Claire was exceptional… very patient and very informative… she not only made sure we had a good time but made sure we were safe and had a good time… definitely would book again
Review Important Dive Skills
Guidance From a PADI Professional
Regain Diving Confidence
Refresh Your Scuba Skills In-Water With a Professional Guide
Haven’t been scuba diving lately? Feeling a bit rusty? The Scuba Refresher Course aka ReActivate program is the refresher course you need to brush up on your knowledge and skills. A PADI professional will get you in the water having fun and feeling comfortable again. It’s quick, easy, and a good way to prepare for your next PADI course or to get ready for an adventure on a diving vacation.
Go over important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials, and problem management
Practice putting your gear together and doing a predive safety check with your buddy
Review all the basic scuba skills with a focus on good buoyancy control in the water
See an abundance of sea life including coral reefs, sea turtles, and tropical fish
$150 per person
Rincón Diving & Snorkeling- 2207 Ave Pedro Albizu Campos Carr Rd 115 Km 12.0, Rincón, PR 00677, Puerto Rico, USA
No minimum or maximum
- Tanks and weights
- Expert safety briefings and instruction
- Drinking water – bring your refillable water bottle for free refills from our filtered rainwater collection
- PADI training logbook (required) – available for purchase at check-in
- Wetsuit – available to rent or purchase
- Regulator, buoyancy control device, compass, surface marker buoy, and dive gauges (these are required for the tour) – rentals available
- Mask, snorkel, and fins
- Snacks for surface intervals between dives
- Transportation from dive center to entry point at the beach
What to bring
- Diver certification
- Reef-safe sunscreen
Good to know
- Divers must have their diver certification
- Age limit: minimum 10 years old
- You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Questionnaire at check-in. Please review in advance. If you have any of the health conditions listed on the medical statement you will not be able to participate without a doctor’s consent. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving!
- After equipment fitting, you will follow the guide in your own transportation to the entry point for the snorkeling tour (5 min +/- from the dive center). If you need transportation from the dive center and back, please give the dive center a call so advance arrangements can be made. Additional charges may apply.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into you and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
This is the perfect opportunity to review any scuba skills you may have forgotten in the presence of a PADI-certified expert. The course is suitable for any certified diver who needs a refresher, a pre-travel update, a pre-assessment for a continuing education course, or an upgrade from junior diver.
The Scuba Refresher Course is also great for non-certified divers who are referred to complete training or PADI Scuba Divers who are going on to Open Water Diver certification.
Complete a water session where you’ll practice setting up dive gear, make ascents and descents, and review any scuba skills you feel you need guidance with.
Answers to Your Questions
Water temperature in Puerto Rico ranges from 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months (December-March) to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. Most divers get cold in the winter months and a wetsuit is recommended. At other times of the year, wetsuits are good for abrasion protection. Wetsuits are available for rental for an additional fee, check out our rental rates.
The temperate waters of Puerto Rico are home to many species of fish of all sizes. Some we see every day are parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, angelfish, squirrelfish. In fact, look at a fish ID guide for the Caribbean and we see those same characters every day. Ahhh… life in paradise.
The minimum age for scuba certification is 10 years.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
Previous Guest’s Experiences
The staff was knowledgeable and prepared, and the shop was well-equipped. Brenda’s the best and made our experience as great as it was. Couldn’t have had a better time.