He was a great instructor who seemed to care a lot about the quality of training students received that he was putting in the water. I appreciate his thorough instruction.
Open Water Dives in Warm Water
Complete Your PADI Certification
Participate in the Universal Referral Program
Finish Your Diving Certification in the Warm Waters of Puerto Rico
Whether you want to complete phases 1 and 2 of your certification at home and the rest abroad or if you are traveling and have just 2 open water dives to complete, finishing your PADI certification in Puerto Rico with Rincón Diving is the place for you. Rincón is home to tropical fish such as angelfish, sea turtles, octopuses, and more. Our well-established team is ready to welcome you and cheer you on as you finish your certification. If you want to continue exploring the area once certified, we can rent the gear and give you local tips on where to go.
Complete half or all of your open water dives
Explore Rincón’s magical reefs
Become a certified diver!
- 2 referral dives: $190
- 4 referral dives: $375
- Wetsuit: $10
Prices are per diver. No single tank dive rates are available.
Rincón Diving & Snorkeling- 2207 Ave Pedro Albizu Campos Carr Rd 115 Km 12.0, Rincón, PR 00677, Puerto Rico, USA
No minimum or maximum
- Tanks and weights
- Expert safety briefings and instruction
- Drinking water – bring your refillable water bottle for free refills from our filtered rainwater collection
- PADI training logbook (required) – available for purchase at check-in
- Wetsuit – available to rent or purchase
- Regulator, buoyancy control device, compass, surface marker buoy, and dive gauges (these are required for the tour) – rentals available
- Mask, snorkel, and fins
- Snacks for surface intervals between dives
- Transportation from dive center to entry point at the beach
What to bring
- Referral papers from water confinement
- Reef-safe sunscreen
Good to know
- Age limit: minimum 10 years old
- You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Questionnaire at check-in. Please review in advance. If you have any of the health conditions listed on the medical statement you will not be able to participate without a doctor’s consent. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving!
- After equipment fitting, you will follow the guide in your own transportation to the entry point for the snorkeling tour (5 min +/- from the dive center). If you need transportation from the dive center and back, please give the dive center a call so advance arrangements can be made. Additional charges may apply.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into you and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
Depending on whether you choose the 2 dives or 4 dives, your certification will run over 1 or 2 days. After briefings and equipment fittings you’ll enter the ocean from the beach and carry out your dives. Your certified instructor will lead you to the beautiful reefs of Tres Palmas Marine Reserve where you’ll see a variety of coral and tropical fish. You may also spot sea turtles, rays, and octopuses.
Once your dives are completed and you have your certification, explore the area further with recommendations from our team. We can fit you with all the gear you may need during your adventures.
Answers to Your Questions
Bring your training logbook (also available for purchase here), and the referral paperwork from your current instructor. Bring with you any personal dive equipment you may have for the best personal fit. If you don’t have any, no worries, we have a large selection available for purchase or rental upon arrival.
Water temperature in Puerto Rico ranges from 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months (December-March) to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. Most divers get cold in the winter months and a wetsuit is recommended. At other times of the year, wetsuits are good for abrasion protection. Wetsuits are available for rental for an additional fee, check out our rental rates.
The temperate waters of Puerto Rico are home to many species of fish of all sizes. Some we see every day are parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, angelfish, squirrelfish. In fact, look at a fish ID guide for the Caribbean and we see those same characters every day. Ahhh… life in paradise.
The minimum age for scuba certification is 10 years.