We are dedicated to protecting our natural environment, our reefs, marine life, and not draining natural resources. Here are some of the eco-friendly practices we focus on:
- Our dive center runs on solar energy & rainwater
- Solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available
- Collecting rainwater reduces flooding and erosion while also reducing dependency on public amenities
- When you no longer depend on non-renewable resources, you begin to see how much energy and water you use and become more aware of how your choices affect the environment
Choose to be aware by doing a clean-up of your local park, creek, river, beach, or anywhere that you see trash building up. Take some photos and send them to Rincondiving@gmail.com so we can share your efforts!
Be Sure to Use Reef-Safe Sunscreen
The chemicals in sunscreen kill coral! After years of being exposed, our bodies are also affected. When you’re shopping for sunscreen, look for:
- NO oxybenzone and octinoxate in listed ingredients.
- Mineral-based sunscreen with the ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- “Non-nano” ingredients, meaning the particles are large enough so coral doesn’t ingest them.
- Reef-safe labels.
PADI Project AWARE
- Join PADI® and Project AWARE® in protecting the ocean planet!
- PADI AWARE Foundation is a publicly funded non-profit with three registered charities across the globe. AWARE week is all about focusing on local action for global impact!