Leave Nothing But Footprints
Take Nothing But Pictures
Kill Nothing But Time
We are dedicated to protecting our natural environment, our reefs, marine life, and not draining natural resources. Here are some of the eco-friendly practices we focus on:
- Our dive center runs on solar energy & rainwater
- Solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available
- Collecting rainwater reduces flooding and erosion while also reducing dependency on public amenities
- When you no longer depend on non-renewable resources, you begin to see how much energy and water you use and become more aware of how your choices affect the environment
Choose to be aware by doing a clean-up of your local park, creek, river, beach, or anywhere that you see trash building up. Take some photos and send them to Rincondiving@gmail.com so we can share your efforts!
Be Sure to Use Reef-Safe Sunscreen
The chemicals in sunscreen kill coral! After years of being exposed, our bodies are also affected. When you’re shopping for sunscreen, look for:
- NO oxybenzone and octinoxate in listed ingredients.
- Mineral-based sunscreen with the ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- “Non-nano” ingredients, meaning the particles are large enough so coral doesn’t ingest them.
- Reef-safe labels.
PADI Project AWARE
- Join PADI® and Project AWARE® in protecting the ocean planet!
- PADI AWARE Foundation is a publicly funded non-profit with three registered charities across the globe. AWARE week is all about focusing on local action for global impact!