The scuba diving was incredible and an experience to remember. Tiger, the divemaster for the tour was great. At the start, I was kinda panicking with trying to breathe through the regulator while underwater and Tiger was very patient and helped me get my breathing under control.
See Caribbean Marine Life
Discover Local Dive Spots
Explore Rincón’s Stunning Reefs With Local Experts
Don’t have a dive or travel buddy? Scuba diving in Rincón Puerto Rico with us will introduce you to a new group of diving friends. Explore the sea-life abundant waters that surround Rincón, we’ll head out to reefs to spot angelfish, butterflyfish, sea turtles, and maybe even manta rays. Along with your certified local guide, you’ll visit sites along the southwestern coast of Rincón that include reef and wall dives.
Walk straight from the beach into the ocean - no boat required
Explore Rincón’s world-famous dive sites with a local expert
Choose from a 1 tank or 2 tank dive
Check out interesting coral formations and a variety of marine life
Meet like-minded people and become part of the Rincón Diving family
- One tank: $60
- Two tanks: $95
9 AM DEPARTURE
- One-Tank Dive – plan for a 3-4 hour experience
- Two-Tank Dive – plan for a 5-6 hour experience
1 PM DEPARTURE
- One-Tank Dive – plan for a 3-4 hour experience
- The Two-Tank Dive option is only available during the morning excursion
Rincón Diving & Snorkeling- 2207 Ave Pedro Albizu Campos Carr Rd 115 Km 12.0, Rincón, PR 00677, Puerto Rico, USA
No minimum or maximum number of divers
- Tanks and weights
- Expert safety briefings and instruction
- Drinking water – bring your refillable water bottle for free refills from our filtered rainwater collection
- Transportation from dive center to entry point at the beach
- Wetsuit (available to rent)
- Regulator, buoyancy control device, and dive gauges (these are required for the tour) – complete rentals available
- Mask, snorkel, and fins
- Dive computer available for rental
What to bring
- Diver certification
- Reef-safe sunscreen
Good to know
- Divers must have their diver certification
- Age limit: Minimum 10 years old
- You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Questionnaire at check-in. Please review in advance. If you have any of the health conditions listed on the medical statement you will not be able to participate without a doctor’s consent. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving!
- After equipment fitting, you will follow the guide in your own transportation to the entry point for the snorkeling tour (5 min +/- from the dive center). If you need transportation from the dive center and back, please give the dive center a call so advance arrangements can be made. Additional charges may apply.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into you and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
Join our scuba diving tours and leave our experienced Rincón diving staff to guide the way, so all you need to think about is enjoying your surroundings. Every day the weather permits, Rincón Diving & Snorkeling offers escorted group trips to local reefs in Puerto Rico. We offer some of the best shore diving in Puerto Rico with no boat required. Our trips have brought divers together from around the world and they now look forward to meeting again in another new exotic location.
Follow your certified instructor through crystal-clear waters and pristine reefs to see sea life such as octopuses, rays, sea turtles, and more. The coral is equally dazzling with this area being home to some of the largest endangered elkhorn coral on the island.
If you choose to do the two-tank dive, you’ll move on to a different spot for your second dive.
Answers to Your Questions
Unfortunately not, this excursion is exclusively for certified divers.
Water temperature in Puerto Rico ranges from 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months (December-March) to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. Most divers get cold in the winter months and a wetsuit is recommended. At other times of the year, wetsuits are good for abrasion protection. Wetsuits are available for rental for an additional fee, check out our rental rates.
The temperate waters of Puerto Rico are home to many species of fish of all sizes. Some we see every day are parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, angelfish, squirrelfish. In fact, look at a fish ID guide for the Caribbean and we see those same characters every day. Ahhh… life in paradise.
The minimum age for scuba certification is 10 years.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
Previous Guest’s Experiences
Amazing shore dives! Didn’t have to kick out very far before you started to see fishes and reefs. The guides I had, Tygue, Greg and Brenda all were amazing and made the dives super fun. They were all knowledgeable about the area and would point out cool sea life when able.
Shawn was amazing and the views were great. Beautiful corals and saw turtles, nurse sharks, tarpons, and so many other fish. A really wonderful moment!