The scuba diving was incredible and an experience to remember. Tiger, the divemaster for the tour was great. At the start, I was kinda panicking with trying to breathe through the regulator while underwater and Tiger was very patient and helped me get my breathing under control.
PADI Certified Instructor
Learn Diving Basics
The Adventure Begins!
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to breathe underwater and explore the underwater world? Scuba diving allows you to experience a completely different world that is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.
With PADI Discover Scuba Diving, you can take your first breaths underwater and experience the thrill of scuba diving. The PADI professional and experienced team at Rincon Diving & Snorkeling will guide you through your first dive and ensure your safety at all times. You’ll learn the basics of scuba diving and get comfortable with the gear before taking the plunge and diving into the crystal-clear waters of Rincon. Discover the thrill of swimming alongside colorful fish, spotting hidden sea creatures, and exploring a world that few people ever get to see. So, what are you waiting for? Try scuba diving for the first time and create memories that will last a lifetime!
No diving experience necessary. Must have a basic swimming ability.
Learn about essential diving equipment and how to use it
Master basic skills such as mask clearing and regulator recovery
Get small-group instruction from your PADI certified instructor
Practice your skills in the shallow water close to the beach
Carry out an open water dive on a shallow ocean reef
See marine life such as angelfish, parrotfish, sea turtles and manta rays
$129 per person
- 9 AM (finish noon)
- 1 PM
Rincón Diving & Snorkeling- 2207 Ave Pedro Albizu Campos Carr Rd 115 Km 12.0, Rincón, PR 00677, Puerto Rico, USA
3 -4 hours
Maximum 4 people per instructor
- All equipment included
- Expert safety briefings and instruction
- Drinking water – bring your refillable water bottle for free refills from our filtered rainwater collection
- Transportation from dive center to entry point at the beach
- Wetsuit – available to rent
What to bring
- Reef-safe sunscreen
Good to know
- Age limit: Minimum 10 years old
- You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Questionnaire at check-in. Please review in advance. If you have any of the health conditions listed on the medical statement you will not be able to participate without a doctor’s consent. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving!
- After equipment fitting, you will follow the guide in your own transportation to the entry point for the snorkeling tour (5 min +/- from the dive center). If you need transportation from the dive center and back, please give the dive center a call so advance arrangements can be made. Additional charges may apply.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into you and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
Begin your introduction to the world of diving with us as it’s the perfect way to take your snorkeling to the next level and get up close with beautiful marine life and coral reefs.
Your activity will start with a briefing from professional PADI instructors. They will teach you about the essential diving equipment and how to use it. Having good equipment and knowing how to use it is a key element to diving safely. You’ll then learn basic diving techniques such as mask clearing, regulator recovery, sharing air, and how to move with your equipment.
The Discover Scuba Diving experience is a great way to get a head start on your PADI Scuba Diver or Open Water Diver certification. That’s because the skills you complete during this adventure, may credit these certification levels, so you can continue where you left off. Be sure to ask your instructor for more information.
Next, we’ll head to the beach to practice the skills in the shallow water. Your instructors will be guiding you the whole way through and checking that you feel confident to proceed. Once you and your instructor are happy that you’ve mastered the basics, you’ll head out to the reef to complete an open water dive on a shallow ocean reef. Your open water dive takes you as deep as 40 feet/12 meters.
At the end of the activity, you’ll be ready to decide whether you want to continue your diving journey and start the certification.
Answers to Your Questions
Being comfortable in the water and a confident level of swimming are both required.
Yes! This course is designed for absolute beginners.
Water temperature in Puerto Rico ranges from 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months (December-March) to 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. Most divers get cold in the winter months and a wetsuit is recommended. At other times of the year, wetsuits are good for abrasion protection. Wetsuits are available for rental for an additional fee, check out our rental rates.
The temperate waters of Puerto Rico are home to many species of fish of all sizes. Some we see every day are parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, angelfish, squirrelfish. In fact, look at a fish ID guide for the Caribbean and we see those same characters every day. Ahhh… life in paradise.
The minimum age for scuba certification is 10 years.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
Previous Guest’s Experiences
Amazing shore dives! Didn’t have to kick out very far before you started to see fishes and reefs. The guides I had, Tygue, Greg and Brenda all were amazing and made the dives super fun. They were all knowledgeable about the area and would point out cool sea life when able.
Completed the beginner dive with Greg as a guide today. It was great, would visit them again in a heartbeat. All staff were personable. The prep and dive were well organized and instructed.