My mermaid experience with Julia was magical. Her instruction on shore and in the water made me feel comfortable and safe. Swimming in the monofin requires a technique that Julia clearly explained and demonstrated. She was graceful and serene. I can’t wait to swim again with my mermaid teacher and improve my skills!
2nd Mermaid certification level
Learn even more mer-mazing skills
Practice with professional mermaid gear
DIVE EVEN DEEPER INTO THE MERMAID LIFE
Dive a little deeper into the beautiful blue and try out the new tricks you’ve learned! Bubbles, twists, and turns make this course a whole lot of fun! Show off your skills and demonstrate safe mermaiding and buddy procedures under the supervision of your PADI Mermaid instructor.
Learn bubble blowing, turns, and other tricks
Discover a deeper dive and a longer breath-hold
Master safe mermaiding skills
Get small group instruction from your certified PADI instructor
$200 per person
The meeting point will be discussed with you after your booking is made. Can take place in the privacy of your own pool (if 15′ deep) or at one of the many beach locations in the Rincon area.
6.5 Hours (One full day or two half-days depending on availability)
6 People Max (Up to 4 Children 10-12 years old)
- All Equipment Included
- Expert Safety briefings and instruction
- Deposit of $61 (PADI eLearning and processing fees)
- Reef-safe sunscreen (Available for purchase at the dive center)
What to bring
- Reef-safe sunscreen
- Rashguard/wetsuit top for extra sun and temperature protection
Good to know
- Deposit must be paid via Venmo, Paypal, or ATH Movil. Once paid, you will soon receive an email with your PADI eLearning materials!
- Ages 10+
- You must be comfortable in water that is 15 feet deep and be able to complete a 50-meter (160ft) swim without swim aids and float comfortably at the surface for 5 minutes to participate in this course.
- A wetsuit jacket or a rashguard will be necessary for sun and temperature protection. Please let us know if you do not have your own and we will see if we can accommodate.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival for hydration.
- Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase at the dive center.
What You’ll See & Do
Enjoy diving deeper and learning new tricks to impress your future audience whether they will be humans or fish!
There are four phases to this certification:
1. Knowledge Development- PADI eLearning
2. On land~ knowledge review and proper human to mermaid warm-ups
3. Confined Water Skill session #1
4. Confined Water Skill Session #2
Your course will start with a briefing from a professional PADI Mermaid instructor. They will teach you about the essential mermaid equipment and how to use it followed by a mind and body calming warm-up stretching session.
Next, we’ll head to the water for your confined water skills sessions. Your instructors will be guiding you the whole way through and checking that you feel confident to proceed. This is where you will practice your safe mermaiding procedures and mermaiding skills.
Once you have passed the course, you will receive your official PADI Mermaid certification! What’s next, mermaid? The PADI Mermaid program was designed to help you follow your dreams in a safe and fun way! Check out the rest of the program to see where you want to go from here.
Answers to Your Questions
Bring your own camera and our instructor will take a couple of photos of you in your tail
Students must be comfortable in deep water.
No mermaid experience is necessary to take this course.
Basic Mermaid Course: Ages 6+ / Mermaid Course: Ages 10+ / Advanced Mermaid: Ages 12+.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page!
Previous Guest’s Experiences
What little girl doesn’t want to see a mermaid or even become one? Julia made my childhood dreams come true. The way Julia taught was very calm and very detailed about the steps but also made me feel like a mermaid while doing so. I am so happy that I found the mermaid life!